You or your family member may need to perform nasal irrigation regularly, if your beloved one has a chronic condition, such as chronic sinusitis, asthma, nasal allergy, post-nasal drip, etc. It is easy to understand that not all liquids are good for nasal cleansing. Different liquids can change the structures and functions of nasal cavities. Therefore, it is important to select the right solutions for performing nasal cleansing for the long term safety.
Below is the suggested order at this time:
1) Hypertonic saline made with sea salt, buffered with sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, and sodium citrate, with additional aloe extract. Why? This solution helps to maintain moisture of nasal cavity, enhance nasal anti-toxicity function, improve your sense of smell, and you feel comfort.
2) Hypertonic saline made with table salt and buffered with sodium bicarbonate. Why? Clinically studies reported a higher efficacy with a slight burning side effect.
3) Isotonic saline made with table salt and buffered with sodium bicarbonate. Why? No significant side effect was known.
4) Less favored – Isotonic saline made with table salt without any buffering agent. Why? Clinically studies reported to cause dryness of nasal cavity.
5) Pure water should never be used for nasal irrigation. Why? Pure water causes toxicity of nasal lining.
The post Nasal Irrigation – Using the Right Solution Is Very Important for Your Family appeared first on Dr Natural Healing.